My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Chocolate Raspberry Torte



This torte can be easily converted to a Gluten Free recipe by substituting a gluten free brownie mix. Everything else is already gluten free.

Chocolate Raspberry Torte

Brownie:
1 pkg. (19.5 Pillsbury) Brownie mix ½ vegetable oil
¼ cup water 2 eggs

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spread in 9” pie or spring form pan. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes (no more). Cool 30 minutes. For spring form pan, run knife around sides of pan to loosen: remove sides and cool completely.

Filling:
1 - 10 oz. pkg. frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed Fresh Raspberries optional
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch

Put frozen raspberries with syrup in blender and process until pureed. Strain to remove seeds. In small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add raspberry puree, mix well. Bring to a boil and cook mixture until clear stirring constantly. Cool 5 minutes then spread over brownie layer to within ½ inch of edge. If using fresh raspberries arrange evenly over top and refrigerate.

Topping:
1 - 8 o pkg. cream cheese
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbls. white cream de cocoa (optional)
1 cup white chocolate wafers, melted
1 cup whipping cream, whipped OR
1 - 8 oz. tub whipped topping

In mixing bowl combine cream cheese (softened cream cheese will mix better so pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds or so first. Don't melt it, just soften.), powdered sugar, and cream de cocoa, beat until smooth. Add melted wafers and beat until smooth. Fold in whipped cream, cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes. Stir topping mixture until smooth and spread 1 ½ cups over raspberries and raspberry filling. Pipe or spoon remaining topping around edges. Garnish as desired with more fresh raspberries, chocolate curls or drizzle, grated chocolate, mint or small raspberry leaves, etc.

NOTE: I did not have white cream de cocoa so I only used 1/2 tablespoon in this picture. Since it is brown, I didn't want it to discolor the white topping. You can omit it totally as I have in the past. The Gluten Free brownie mix was slightly thicker than a normal brownie mix so you might want to use a slightly larger pan but then you might have to modify the baking time. At any rate, with the gluten free brownie mix, you can use the toothpick test for doneness.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Yellie said...

This looks amazing!!! I have to make it! ...Or atleast attempt to ;)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

You will do great with this Yellie. I is not difficult at all. The brownie base acts as your crust. The time consuming part is the raspberry filling but it is not difficult, just time consuming for that part. Be sure raspberry filling is firm before putting on the topping. You're going to love it! I am going to make it again, but I want to try adding chips to the brownie base. You can never get too much chocolate. :)

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Yellie said...

If you make if before I do, save me a piece!!! ;)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

Girly, You're not whimping out now are you, before you even get started? Good Grief! But yes, if I get to it before you I'll save you a piece. I will also give you those larger pants you'll need after you eat it. :-)))

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Yellie said...

No, I'm not whimping out on you!!!! I just know yours will turn out waaay better than mine ;)

LOL... I'll probably need those pants sooner than later!

I'm going to practice on Thursday, so I'll get to see you!!!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home