My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Chocolate Caramel Macchiato

Do you ever make a pot and then have half of it left over that you have to pour down the drain?

If you have a sweet tooth, these flavored coffees tend to curb your appetite.

Perhaps I should have been born during the depression cuz I really dislike wasting anything. I take that left over coffee and add some chocolate syrup to it. If you have some caramel syrup add that too along with some milk. Make it a nice cream color, stir and refrigerate. You now have Ice Coffee or a frappacino. Of course I'm no coffee connoisseur but I think it's pretty good.

You can also add those same things to hot coffee and then it would be called a Chocolate Caramel Macchiato. I don't measure the syrups, I fill my mug about 3/4 of the way with coffee and then squeeze each syrup for about 3 seconds into the coffee. However much that is I don't know, but that's how I do it. :) The more you add the sweeter it will be. Stir until syrups are melted, then top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel syrup and there you have it, a Chocolate Caramel Macchiato. This would cost you $3.00 or more at some fancy coffee shop. You can make it at home for almost nothing. Go ahead. . . . . try it and Enjoy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home