My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

The New Year

The hustle and bustle of Christmas has come and gone.
We are now in the New Year and along with this comes the news that my friend Margaret Mary is not well. We have all experienced sadness in our lives, so we pray. During our kidney transplant there were many health issues that were and still are a concern, so we pray.
We pray for the safety of our troops; for Peace in the world; that God will guide our president elect; that the Bible will remain the basis for the laws governing our land; that Christianity will grow in the U.S. and in the world. We pray for our children, family, friends, those in tragedy, etc.

This news of Margaret comes and I am without words except to ask for your prayers: for strength in weakness, for God's support and mercy, for comfort and peace.

Most high, glorious God
cast your light into the darkness of our hearts.
Give us, Lord, right faith,
firm hope,
perfect charity
and profound humility,
with wisdom and perception,
so that we may carry out
what is truly your holy will.
Amen.
A prayer of St. Francis

In this New Year
while we pray and ask for so many things let us not forget
to praise God
for all the glorious wonders of this world,
and all the blessings we have received thus far.
Cherish every breath we take,
every moment of our lives.
Be thankful for:
our families, friends, and neighbors;
our health, our homes, our jobs,
our cars, our clothing, our food and drink.

Please feel free to add to my list of all that
we are thankful for.


Have a happy, holy and healthy New Year everyone!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen.

mar

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thankful for wonderful, faithful and faith-filled friends like you! You and your family are a blessing to ours! XO

The Cuomo's

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi JoAnne.

Let's get together for tea soon. I miss you!

I bought my dress! I can't wait to show you!!! :)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

Yellie I am working full time now, 5 days a week, 8-4. You tell me when you want to have tea, I'd love to see your dress. :)

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am thankful for the gift of friendship from the kleehammers....a constant in the time of storm :) through the ups and downs. a true example of the spirit of god. i am thankful for the challenges that help me grow.... miss you jo

7:44 AM  
Blogger Pati said...

Thinking of you and missing you too. I am hoping to see you over the summer....before Veterans Day! :)
I need an update on your move. Let's talk soon.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home