My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Assisi Pilgrimage + Slide Show



From the beginning :)

The chant you hear is:

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

meaning:

Om is the name of that inside me, which is aware of the Oneness of all things.

Thank you to all of you at the Assisi Institute and beyond for your warmth and friendship,
Craig, Vickijo, Amy, Paula, Rose, Mary Lee,
Tom, Cara, Christy, Mike and Margaret.
God Bless you all!

Melissa and Jo Anne

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job of documenting your trip Jo Anne !! No small task!! Man, between taking the time to take the pictures and then to put them together in the slide show with the music and post it, YIKES! :-0 And not with standing, taking the trip! Good stuff!! PS -are you sure and is it possible that because you have been so busy here that you did bring back some cookies from Italy and forgot to give them to me? When you get a chance of course, you know not right now but when you get a chance maybe look in your suit case or something...you know...Ok?...sorry..JW

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watched your lovely slide show. What a beautiful job you did. Since they will probably not build a bridge over to there in my lifetime, it is the only view I will ever get of Assisi. It looked very old world and tranquil. Thanks for the pix

10:12 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

Actually JW, I can't believe it, I was almost sure I had forgotten them, but lo and behold I have taken a second look at my luggage and it was not empty. You may get your treats yet! Now if I could only remember to bring them to you... before they are.....gone!! Tee Hee!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I loved your slideshow and am envious of your opportunity to spend time in Assisi. I only was there a few hours in 2000 when I traveled to Italy with Rochester Oratorio Society. Coincidentally, I was a coworker of the daughter of one of the heads of the Assisi Institute and had considered their programs.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home