My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Assisi Tomorrow - Thursday Sept. 25, 2008

Today, Wednesday I am home preparing for my trip tomorrow. Wait till I tell you what I thought I was going to do today. I actually thought I would have time to: finish packing; run to the store to pick up a few last minute items; Wash, clean, slice and freeze garden grown peppers; make and process Tomato Artichoke Salsa (with garden tomatoes); vacuum the downstairs; more laundry (had a few items that I decided to take with me); pay bills on line; make phone calls regarding airline tickets and technical support for my easy share camera; call to Gemini Travel with ticket questions; pay taxes at town hall; and finally, I was planning to call my friend Carol and see if we could go to the quarry and pick up some large flat rocks with her truck. Matt is making a stone stairway for me since the stone I need for this stairway is larger than I can manage on my own. Then of course, there is dinner and clean up. Yup, I actually thought I'd be able to get these rocks and the rest of this list accomplished today. I thought if the stone is available to Matt and he happens to have some spare time, he could work on them. The quarry is only open M-F until 4 or 4:30. Matt is working and cannot get the stone for me so I thought with help I could at least do that. Needless to say that thought was such a joke :)!!! Dave has always said that I am time challenged :). He is right!

Okay, so I have the peppers cleaned, sliced and frozen. The Tomato Artichoke Salsa is jarred, sealed, labeled and stocked. My packing is done except for the things I need in the morning. Oh, I needed one more thing, an umbrella. Dave says he has one. He tells me where it is so I go in search of it. I find it, grab the handle and pull it out. Yeah, the umbrella is still in its original location, the handle however is in my hand. Protruding from it is this very long, thin...ice pic. . . .What the...bleep-a-de-bleep. I walk to the living room (where the master of umbrella showcases sits on his throne) with said piece of equipment in hand and say, "this is the umbrella you want me to take to Italy?" He looks at it and starts laughing, then says...you would be arrested at the airport. Laughs again! It took a while for him to calm down. Glad I could be so entertaining. What a piece of work! FREAK! :) He claims he didn't know. This lovely gem was inherited from his brother. It is not the only gem we have found. Guess I don't get to bring an umbrella since I forgot to get the one Mary offered me. Oh well, doesn't really matter, I have gardened in the rain and I'm still alive to tell the story.

I got everything done on my list except for the rocks. It will have to wait until I get back. They say we will have Internet access so stay tuned for pictures on location
Ciao!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home