My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Moth Hawk, Helicopter and Butterfly

That's what I saw in the garden today. The Moth Hawk is back though I didn't get a good picture but at least I got one. They are the strangest looking creatures. This Dragonfly is huge. We have had some really large ones zooming around the yard lately and they look like mini helicopters to me :) and last is the butterfly. Not sure if it is a Viceroy or Monarch. If only I had shifted slightly to the right it would have been a perfect pic. :( They are very similar but I can't remember which has which markings. I should go look it up in my butterfly book but I'm to lazy plus this is supposed to be a quick post since I am supposed to be packing for our trip to the Adirondacks. Yep, leaving tomorrow. So I'd better get going. Oh yes, one more picture of the African Impatience. :-) Isn't it coming beautifully. ML, I thank you so much and I will give you back the pot at the end of the season if that is okay with you. It looks so very beautiful in that one I just couldn't bring myself to disturb it. Well, that's it for now. Everyone have a wonderful week! Don't forget you can enlarge pictures by clicking on them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice pics and nice green thumb :) i'm very jealous. the butterfly bush that i got 2 months ago to attract butterflies to my deck....isn't even planted yet. and my african impatient looks about the same as when ML gave it to me :( perhaps i'll try a different locale. mag

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

news flash --- it's planted! yea.
mag

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home