My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Friday, June 20, 2008

TNT - Thursday Night Therapy

We all need it now and then don't we? Therapy that is, or perhaps something else ;-). After our usual choir practice last night we all parked ourselves out in the church parking lot to spend some quality time together. Yeah, we figured we'd give those college kids a run for their money. They are always hanging out on the porch across the street makin lot's of noise. What? They think we are too old to make noise? We are not 6 feet under yet!!! We will show them! Just because we have a few years on them doesn't mean we can't have any fun. Oh yeah, we pulled out all the stops we did!!! Bet those younin's never had what we had in a church parking lot.
It started out last week when we were all hanging out talking after practice and JW stated harassing one of our own Catholic Daughters coming from a meeting in the Parish Center. I had just shared my cookies (I make it a point to have sugar with me at all times :-))) and JW wanted this poor Catholic Daughters 2 liter of soda. The poor thing, I'm sure she didn't hear half of what he was saying but I sense she feared for her life, or perhaps her car, or maybe even her soda! This post could get quite lengthy so I'd better just get on with it. To make a long story a little shorter, he didn't get any of her soda. We did however start talking about other drinks and JW said he would bring us something to drink next week so we planned on having a tailgate party. We actually had a grand time of it. Put those loud college kids to shame too. :)

What a bunch of characters. Unfortunately JW is taking the pic with his cell cuz someone didn't bring a camera...can you believe that? I know you all want to see him so I will be sure to bring my camera to the next tailgate party. Okay, so we are all asking what we are going to get to drink with our dessert. He doesn't answer just continues filling our glasses with a smirk on his face. I'm getting a little nervous. I tell him we still have to drive home. He says we will be able to. Finally, when all glasses were distributed, we toasted to TNT and then he passed the bottle around. Why couldn't he just tell us what it was? Well, you'll see. I mean, I can't say it. If I did I would get all kinds of . . . well . . . who knows what kinds of advertising I'd be getting on my precious little blog. . . . . . then again. . . . . It could draw an international crowd :).
Perhaps. . .

Well, whatever it is, these two should be cut off!!! This one here's ready for take off on a bike with a cake in a basket on the handlebars...a real winner :)! The other, trying his hand...and mouth at the harmonica. Not bad Woody!

Okay, so what were we drinking?

As I said, I can't say :-)) so I'll have to show you. This is it! YUP! This is what we had.

What's that you say? You can't see it? Morons! You just want me so say it louder. Okay, how is this?


One thing I'll always remember is stumping MaLu. She was dumbfounded and speechless when I suggested a pajama party to watch an old time movie. Now if you knew her you would know that she always has something to say. She just sat there starring at me with her mouth hanging open, trying desperately to think of something to say in response. But to no avail. HA! I got her good.:) Our TNT - Tailgate Party was a huge success. We had a great time and packed up at about to 11:00. Oh, you think it was early? Well, we were out later than the college kids!!!
This is a picture JW included when he sent the TNT pictures. He took this on his way to work the next day, yeah, can you believe it? He flies to work every day! What a life huh?!? Awesome pic!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dumbfounded and speechless? AAcccckkkkkk.
We did have fun, didn't we? TNT is alive and well. And those college kiddos think they have all the fun? You just never know what is going on at night in the church parking lot :))

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home