My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

ELEPHANT EARS :) !!!

Ha! Finally. I have Elephant Ears peeking through the soil. I thought I'd be waiting for mid July for these little babies. But low and behold I was out there this morning and there it was, peeking up about an inch. It is quite yellow right now and if you click on the picture for a closer look, there are a few weeds but I was to excited to take the time to weed. So if you see green, it is the weeds. Pay no attention to them!!! I will get to them soon. I just had to post it since my friend and I are in a race to see who's pops up first. I hope I am the winner :-)))))). So what say you to this Ms. MaLou?

I have also included another picture of the Dragon Arum from a different angle just because I think it is so...striking.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAcccckkkkk. I just came back in from braving the brutal cold dank morning to check on MY elephant ears. Actually, I flew out the door to witness the sad pathetic fact that I have NO sign of growth whatsoever. But you can be sure I will go whip out the miracle gro. The proverbial glove has been thrown.....Guess Who?!?!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

I am sorry Guess Who :), perhaps you planted it upside down and your poor ears don't know which way is UP! :) It is another 1/2" or so taller today.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glove? are we getting into a little contact gardening? this should be interesting. speaking of gardens -- i made a big purchase yesterday. yous must come over soon to see -- and perhaps to help me get it out of my trunk!
mar

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting my comment. Imagine my surprise that there is no mention of our little tailgating last night. And did I see that your elephant ears are 1/2 inch taller today. Boy you sure know how to hurt a girl. I will go right out and give my pathetic spiteful bulb a severe talking to. Hmmmmpff

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home