My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kentucky Derby Pie

It is time to start sweetening things up here. If you like big, fat, thick chocolate chip cookies this is the pie for you. It originally was meant to be two pies. However, when I get a piece of pie I want it to be a whole piece, not some skimpy thing so instead of making two pies I put it all in one crust and oh my. . . . . it is awesome! I like it undercooked slightly so when you cut into it the center is just a touch gooey. It is good served warm or chilled. I prefer it warm with some whipped topping. You can also add vanilla ice cream as a topper.

Kentucky Derby Pie

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teas. vanilla
3/4 cup flour

3 eggs
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
3/4 cup butter
1 - 9” pie crust, unbaked

Melt butter and allow to cool.

NOTE: If you do not cool butter the chips will begin to melt when you mix them in.

Mix sugar and flour. Add cooled butter and eggs, beating until mixed. Mix in chopped pecans, vanilla and chocolate chips. Pour in pie shell and bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like that did the trick!
mar

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home