My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

GardenScape 2008

On Friday Mary Lou, Mary Ann and I went to the dome for GardenScape 2008. We had a wonderful time there. The scents of spring flowers, colorful landscapes, gathering new ideas, playing with displays, harassing some of the workers, etc. This is one of the arrangements on display. I love the choices they made. It's a great arrangement for shady areas. If you zoom in you can see, dragon wing begonias (I think), potato vine, coleus, and two other annuals that I can not identify.

This is Tasmanian Angel, Bears Breeches. Great leaves...for casting:)! They are thick and sturdy, almost fake looking, at least I thought so. I don't think the sign said whether it preferred sun or shade but it certainly stands out and would definitely attract attention in your garden.

Here are the girls and me enjoying this Arabian/Middle Eastern decor. This was great with the hanging beaded curtains, flouncy fabrics, and dim lighting. Wow! We were certainly impressed and caught in a world of day dreams thinking how grand it would be to see this set up in our own back yards. Other good paying customers waited patiently for their turn to check out the accommodations and dream dreams. And check out this little guy, he was so, so.............entranced by me :) that he gave me all the time in the world to take his picture. Look at this little cutie, stood there perfectly still. He is like...this little model, just sitting there waiting for people to admire him and capture a pic or two. Okay so he's taxidermied. I can dream can't I :)? After checking out the landscaping we checked out the kiosks/shops looking at all the garden paraphernalia. We each bought a dragonfly decoration that stands about 4 or 5 feet high with two hooks attached, one for a hanging plant and one for a solar light. We checked out all the dragonfly's the guy had trying to get matching ones. Yeah, we gave him a hard time but....I think he enjoyed it, in fact, we have a date with him next year. Sure why wouldn't he want a date for next year so he can swindle more money out of us. We finally made our choices and decided our dragonfly's will travel whenever we have an evening party :). This way we can show off our dragonfly's together.

After admiring all the gardens and spending our money in shops, (a gruelling outing like this works up quite an appetite don't you know.;)) we decided to grab some lunch. We were going to go to Subway but one of us...with a brilliant mind, grand intelligence and excellent memory (whoever could that be :)).....recalled it was Friday so we headed to Perkins.Yeah, the girls were jealous of my heaping plate of hot cakes dripping with strawberries, blueberries, maple syrup and topped with whipped cream. I should have taken a picture it was soooo scrumptious looking and sinfully delicious. I don't know what their problem was, they could have ordered it too.

What a wonderful day!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

taxadermied?! LOL!
it was a grand outing :)
mar

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

apparently the brilliant one's mind is fueled by sugar - heaped on pancakes!
mar

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home