My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pictures of my ALMOST finished Living room

The painting is done, the border is up and most of the furniture is in the room however I'm not sure about placement. I ordered a few pieces of furniture from JC Penney's on line catalogue. As I have said previously, I really dislike shopping...for just about anything. It is such a "time waster" to me, due to the fact that I can never make a decision. I usually end up with one of the first things I saw anyway so I'm just eliminating all that extra shopping by going with my first find. After I ordered I started thinking about an alternative but put a stop to that constant debate over which is better. I don't really care that much as long as it is comfortable and goes with the rest of the room. I did go as far as to check with Penney's to see if there was a showroom close by so I could at least view/try these pieces out prior to purchase however, the closest was Niagara Falls and that showroom didn't have the pieces I wanted so I guess I'm just going to pray that I am satisfied with what is delivered.


Making the curtains was a project in itself though I am happy with the way they turned out and I can't believe I found curtains (with a print) that actually go with the border. Overall I am pleased with the results of our choices. I did allow input from the guys. It actually turned out that I would not have chosen the paint colors I did without their input. We chose from 3 shades of green and 3 shades of beige.

They chose the darkest green, I would have gone with the medium green. They chose the darkest beige, I would have gone with the lightest. I am hesitant to go too bold but I took a chance because I did think that the darkest green went very well with the border. So we went with the darkest green and compromised on the medium beige.


I still have some items to decide on...whether or not to return them to the room or find alternate placement and I still have to hang pictures. I'm debating on what I want where. Of course I debated on leaving all the prepared holes where they were and I'm not sure I want them there now. Hum, that could be a problem. Guess I'll have to work around that. Should I have taken out those plastic things and filled the holes prior to painting only to make new holes? I don't know. See why I dislike this stuff? To much decision making.

I brought up some of my dormant plants from the basement in preparation for spring and summer. If you haven't done that yet, it is time. I may have started to early but I want my plants flowering when I put them out in May so I started in January.


Here are the before pictures.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of dormant plants - i forgot to tell you about those grape hyacinths i'm trying to force. i had a dozen bulbs in the fridge since last fall. tulips didnt' work too well so i thought i'd give something else a try. about 3-4 weeks ago i put them in a pot...3 of them are actually showing their pretty little heads. i'm so excited. hope they actually flower. your living room is looking mah-va-luss dah-link. you're doing good!!
mar

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home