My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Ash Wednesday

Don't forget today is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of lent. A time to take an honest look at our spiritual lives and pray for a change of heart and peace in our souls. What committment can we make during this lenten season to assist in spiritual growth and prepare us for the Easter feast?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is always Good Friday...
I'm tellin' Father! lol :)

6:55 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

Yellie,I hope you know that Ash Wednesday AND Good Friday are not just days of FAST but also ABSTINENCE. There are also all the days inbetween. What are you doing about them??? Go ahead, hide behind the Good Father! :)

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's abstinence?

11:39 AM  
Blogger Pati said...

Yellie...you are so cute :), this is what I have always done: abstinence(no meat)on Ash Wednesday and all the Fridays during lent including Good Friday, in addition to fasting (no snacking between meals)on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. A lesson in dicipline!
If you want the Catholic Church's definition you should check last weeks bulletin, I believe it was in there.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh...I thought it had something to do with homework :)

ANNND BTW...I ate fish last night! I remembered!!!!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you shall be blessed one hundred times over my child :) this heathen forgot last wednesday - until i finished that first meatball. drat! more time in purgatory :(
mar

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home