My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Meeting Fran

Today I met my friend Fran for the first time. She called after seeing us on TV telling the world about our plans for kidney transplantation. We have been in contact ever since and finally met. She sent me an email yesterday asking if we were still on for dinner today. I responded yes and she sent back another email telling me that she was 5 feet 3 inches tall with short brown hair. I told her I thought she knew what I looked like but in case she didn't remember I would be wearing a huge pink bow in my hair so she could find me. . . . . NOT! I had no intention of wearing a pink bow but as I got to thinking about it, I thought it would be pretty funny so I went in search of pink ribbon. Mary made me a pink bow out of paper which I would have placed on the table if I wasn't able to find the ribbon. As luck would have it, I did have two pieces the perfect length. So I made a bow out of it and clipped it in my hair. Here I am. I asked Dave to take a picture. He did so with rolling eyes. Of course I realize it is silly. That is the whole point! I said I was going to wear the bow in the car, all the way to the restaurant, :) and I did.
We agreed to meet at Perkins on Ridge Road. While I was waiting to be seated, she came in and stood beside me with a pink bow in her hair. We both laughed and gave big hugs. We talked , laughed and shared stories over dinner. Then asked the waitress to take a few pictures of us. Should have gotten a few more though since I am so very photogenic HA! At any rate, here we are.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home