My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Dragon Arum

Out strolling through the garden this morning. Actually, I went out deliberately to check on the Dragon Arum. I have been thinking about it and wondering how long the buds...well, I'm not sure if you would call something this size a bud. It seems like there should be another name for something so big. I mean, look at this thing. You will never guess how big it is. I've been thinking, I've just got to measure these things so I did that this morning. The "bud" on the right is 26" from the base of the bud to the tip and the one on the left is 23 1/2". I am just so excited about this thing and check on it every day. I can't wait for the bud to open and reveal....well, I don't exactly remember what the bloom looks like except that i think it is a wine color and I had no idea it would be this large. If you look close you can see the color where it is starting to loosen up.

Here is an updated picture of my patio. I haven't gotten much further. It is very time consuming. But I am enjoying working on it and can't wait for it to be finished.
And here are the two Amaryllis buds. These are my update so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home