My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Today and the Patio

Okay here's my story Missy from Mass. I got up this morning, had my coffee with muffins and headed out to run a few errands. An hour at church, 20 minutes with Fr. Peter; stopped at work to fax Melissa our Itinerary for Assisi and get a padded envelope to mail her the packet of info I received at our Wednesday night meeting. I received a very nice padded envelope at work with info in it. Of course I saved it cuz I'm going green :) more importantly it is saving me money. Prepared the envelope, taped it up and then off to the post office but not before snitching a chocolate chip scone from work. Inconceivable that they are providing scones on my day off! what is up with that. Anyway upon my return home I remember I am supposed to make a posting with pic's of my patio so I grab the camera and head outside to find my large pedestal pot blown over. Put the camera down and then decided I needed to take care of the top heavy pot. I made the mistake of planting zinnias in it and they were very tall, guess it was too windy for them today and the whole pot went over so I dug them out and replaced them with miniature ones then planted the large ones elsewhere. While I was at it thought it would be a good time to repot a few of the plants that I'd been meaning to get to all summer. I swear the roots of one of them was growing right into the pot. Guess it was a little root bound :). After that I relocated several empty pots housed in the basement to the shed. During all the moving I noticed many plants were a little droopy so I filled several gallon jugs and went around watering all potted plants. I dug up most of my amaryllis bulbs yesterday but didn't have time to label them so I did that. All that done I was getting a little hungry so retreated to the kitchen for a snack. I had some coffee left over from the morning and since it was a sweltering day, turned it into Ice Coffee and enjoyed that with a linzer cookie provided by my friend Mary Ann. It was about 3:00 and time to shower and get ready for the BTA Picnic at Hamlin Beach that started at 5:00. Just before we were ready to leave it occurred to me that I never took the pictures (talk about getting side tracked :)) and if I didn't take them before we left, it would be dark and I'd have to wait till morning. So I grabbed the camera and quickly took these. Also in these photos is the pot that was blown over. Not the greatest arrangement this year but....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

excuses, excuses.... lol one should not be sooooooo busy. lol
great- awesome-fantastic job on that patio.... be proud...
massachusetts missy

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home