My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oven French Toast

This recipe is great for brunch and is prepared the night before so all you have to do is spread on the topping in the morning and pop it in the oven. Everyone loves this French Toast. You can experiment with the bread. Don't feel like you must use baguette. I used Italian in this recipe shown. I have also used Cinnamon Bread from Montana Mills (which was excellent). So use your imagination! And serve with your favorite syrup.

Oven French Toast
1 loaf baguette bread
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup half and half
6 eggs

Topping:

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon each cinnamon and nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Grease a 9" square pan with cooking spray. I don't have a 9" pan so I used an 11x7 inch pan. Slice bread in 1" slices and layer in greased pan. Beat milk, half and half and eggs. Pour over bread slices, cover and refrigerate over night. Take out a stick of butter to soften overnight. In the morning mix butter, brown sugar cinnamon, nutmeg and nuts, spread over bread and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My FAAAAAV! :)

11:17 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

Hey Yellie,

Thanks for visiting :). Miss you! Hope school is going well.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home