My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday in Assisi



It is Sunday, September 28 and I am here in a caffe drinking hot chocolate and trying to figure out how to upload pictures. I can view them but can't seem to load them onto this site.


This is the Rocca Maggiore. The is a castle at the top of the mountain Assisi is built on. Melissa and I hiked up to the castle on Friday after we unloaded our luggage and got settled into our room.


Here one of the pictures from the top. The countryside is just breathtaking here. No matter where you are there are mountains. Of course since we are on one every view is wonderful.


This is a picture from our room. Actually not exactly from our room. We have a walk out onto a . . . well, balcony and this is the view from there.
This last picture...since it is high time I signed off of here. People are waiting for use of the intenet so one last picture for now. This is just a stairway leading to homes. Since much of Assisi is stone, there are not many gardens except for the pots on stairways and hanging. Until later Ciao!



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JoAnne,
Just saw Dave this morning at 9:15-coffee before soccer with Claudio. Beautiful photos! Thanks you for sharing them. Life is wonderful! Enjoy your time there. I will keep checking your blog.
Love,
Andrea

11:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh JoAnne - it looks absolutely awesome! Can't wait for some more pics and news from Italy! Have a wonderful time! Love, Dolores

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jo Anne - cool pic's!! Have you guys figured out how to get some of them nice rocks back for the finishing touches to your stone patio project? :-) How's the pizza there, any good? All right, that's enough and get back here and quit gooffing around! We need your voice, you and your guitar and stuff!! :-o Oh are the cookies any good there? Got any pic's of them?
I'm not glad your there! :-))But since YOU are there, may you enjoy! Peace -JW

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gotta agree with JW -- we need your stuff. certainly did today :| you have a most amazing time on the rest of your trip. blessings,
mar

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JoAnne,
Awesome pictures, you and Missy must be having a "GREAT" time. Enjoy the rest of it. I will keep checking for more pics, if you can tear yourself away.
Love,
Linda

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jo and missy... looks like the trip is just fantastic. awesome, breathtaking views... take it all in and bring it back home to each of us.
love, vickie

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JoAnnie,

Cool pics! I hope you had a great time. (I think you are coming home tonight...) I miss you!

See you soon!

Yellie :)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

The trip was wonderful as you will see in following along with my future postings. Sorry I didn't get to post more while there. I did get a little home sick (this is unusual for me) and being away made me appreciate all that I have even more. JW I did not bring home any rocks however along those very lines I did collect a few stones to perhaps create a piece of concrete garden art with those stones inserted. :)

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home