My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Nothing to do???

I'd like to say "Good Morning Everyone" however I have managed to piddle the morning away. Can you believe it? I woke up this morning wondering what running, tasks and responsibilities would be on my agenda for today. I could think of NOTHING that I had to do. This is GREAT!!!!

My memory has not been that good but I can't remember when this has ever happened. Let's be clear, I'm not saying there is nothing around here that needs to be tended to. I'm saying I have no place to be, no responsibilities elsewhere, no parties, no shopping, no returns to make, no work, etc. I got to sleep in and then when I got up had nothing to do but make coffee and eat breakfast.

On a week day I get up and make coffee and eat breakfast but that is just for me and it doesn't take that long. Now I get up thinking I'm going to make myself an egg omelet however it is not that simple since there are others who will be watching me eat :). So of course I make everyone omelets. Oh, before the omelets I took the new coffee maker I got for Christmas out of the box, washed it and planned to use it for the first time. I loaded the filter with coffee, poured in the water, put the carafe in place and flipped the switch. Within about 20 seconds I hear a loud pop, I go to check the coffee and find the coffee dripping into a cracked carafe. And I thought I had all my returns taken care of. Good Grief!!! I moved the old coffee pot back into it's rightful place and proceeded to make coffee and omelets.

While eating I did some research on Dandelions :) and their health benefits. I also sent an email or two, did a map quest and am now making this posting before I finally get to my "nothing to do" list :).

The first thing on my list of nothing to do will be: spinning while reading what I just printed on Dandelion Benefits. Then I'm planning to put together my little green house in preparation for spring/summer plantings. I have a few cuttings that are taking up space where I don't really want them. The green house will be set up right in front of the sliding glass doors so they will all get plenty of sunlight, unlike where they are now.

The rest of the day will be spent doing house work :). I haven't really been doing much of that since Christmas. You know, you have putting up Christmas decorations, baking, shopping, food preparations (constantly), wrapping. Then you have unwrapping, still food preparations and baking (only less), now you are returning and taking down decorations, among the many, many other chores, responsibilities I have not mentioned. There really isn't any time for cleaning. Plus when the kids are home it wouldn't be considered quality time if I were cleaning while everyone else sat together getting caught up and socializing.

I do have a new recipe that I'll be posting soon. So stay tuned for some deliciously moist scones. No more dry scones. These are great with or without additional butter. the base recipe is great and easily modified to add your own preferred favorites.

Dried Cherry and Almond Scones, coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home