My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Monday, July 06, 2009

The Dragon Arum

These flowers don't last long. The first one opened July 4th. We were away at Churchville Park for our annual family picnic. I took a look when we returned at about 7:30 p.m. and it was opened. The second one opened on Sunday...actually I think it was only half opened on Sunday and then completely opened today. The first one was drooping so I had to prop it up for the picture. The aroma is....rather disgusting and can be detected all over the back yard. I put up with it because it is such a unique specimen. Anyway, here it is. Still waiting for the baby to open. If you're in the neighborhood, please feel free to stop by and take a whiff :) but do it soon, it won't last long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home