My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sick Day

It started on Sunday, of course it would have to be a day that I have signed up to cantor the 8:00 mass. I didn't have much of a voice but I also didn't make any mistakes like I usually do :). I'm feeling okay except I seem to be losing my voice. I go to work on Monday and again other than a voice crack once in a while I'm okay. The frigid below zero temperatures have passed and it actually seems warm when I get home from work so I grab the tub of bird seed and drudge through the snow and go around filling up all the bird feeders. By the time I get in the house I realize it is pretty cold out there. I must have been having a hot flash when I thought it was warm.

Anyway, I am not well on Tuesday and stay home from
work, all doped up on the standard cold and flu drugs. I am in bed most of the day, very comfy too, however, I don't feel any better. I stay home again on Wednesday, again taking the standard drugs and staying in bed. Well, you can't very well stay in bed all day so I get up and take a look out the window and there I see this little rascal, once again raiding my bird feeder, yeah the one I'd filled just the day before. I stand there watching it,
w
anting to pack myself up in all my winter gear and head out there to give that blasted squirrel a smack but I knew it wasn't a good idea since I am home sick and I really wasn't in any condition to go out. I kept watching as it hung upside down devouring all that seed, and generously spilling out bunches for all his friends. I have already fixed it once when they somehow knocked it down and ripped one side off the bottom that kept the seed from spilling out.
Well, I have decided I can't go out so the next best thing is to get some pictures. I head upstairs to get my camera, take the screen out of the window and zoom in to get a few pics. So here they are. Hopefully the bird feeder needs NO repairs. Don't forget you can enlarge pictures by clicking on them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home