My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Traditions

During the Christmas season I bake several different kinds of cookies. There is one particular kind that creates a destinctive aroma. I can remember a time my daughter entered the house returning from an outing. She said, "It smells like Christmas. " She loves that smell. These are things that kids associate with holidays and family traditions.
We always put our Christmas tree up in the front hall where we have an L shaped stairway. One thing she loved is coming down the stairs on Christmas morning and seeing the reflections of colored lights on the walls.
Isn't it great when kids share their thoughts? Otherwise how would you know what things they associate most with Family Traditions?
How do you define Family Traditions?
What traditions have you brought to your family from your childhood?

1 Comments:

Blogger Pati said...

That daughter would be the younger of the two. Yes, decorating the tree used to be a family activity but now that most of the children are on their own, it has become more difficult to keep that tradition in tact.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home