My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Art for the New Room


So far I have two pictures to help in the transition to another time period. I remembered seeing this picture in the basement and thought I could use it. I went down to dig it up, yikes!!! It was filthy. So I took it all apart, cleaned the frame the best I could using q-tips to get into the finer recessed areas and cleaned the glass on both sides. This picture is done with chalk and is of Dave's great grandmother, Wilhelmenia. If you zoom in you can see the frame has some damage but I am going to try to fix it and then repaint the edges. Hopefully I can find the right color paint. These older frames I believe were made with wood and then coated with plaster in order to get all the ......cut work which is really made from a mold. Since it is just the edges that need repair I think I can do that. Time will tell.

Yeah, I gave Grandma the boot.
:-))) So, what do you think? I need a frame for this picture. I think it looks great. Of course I am not giving Grandma the boot. I couldn't do that but as I was cleaning the frame and the glass I thought...this looks close to the size of my picture and sure enough, it was. I had to try it...didn't I :). I do have a few options for a frame for this picture. Will be working on this next.



This picture (8x10) is of my dad and his family, my grand parents, aunts and uncle. It is on a slight angle to reflect the glare from the glass. I don't have any pictures in the New Room yet. I'm afraid to put any holes in the walls :). I am also trying to gather some pictures first and see where I want to hang them before putting unnecessary holes in the walls. I will hang them soon. I have to put the above picture in a frame and then find an appropriate frame for a new picture that my cousin found of my great grandmother, Pia. It is a smaller 5x7. She is unbelievable. Once I have that I think I'll be ready to hang them all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I think that Grandma looks familiar. Cannot wait to see the picure in person. The room is looking great ma keep up hte good work.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home