My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

New Room Update













REMEMBER, TO CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE. Okay, I know it has taken me a while to get this posted but . . . don't you just hate it when things are out of your control? Mother Nature, Family Responsibilities, Cooking, Cleaning, Life :)! How much is actually in our control? Anyway here are a few pictures so far. Of course this new room is a long term project but the basics (painting and furniture in place) are done. I love this dresser with the marble top and there is my greeter next to the dresser. On the other side is a my hibiscus (purchased in Myrtle Beach) that I just brought up from the basement. It is not looking too good right now. I forgot to water it while it was down there so hopefully as it comes out of dormancy it will come back. Well....that is IF it comes out of dormancy.
Here are before and after pictures with two different bedding sets. I am debating which I like better but (I like to complicate things I guess) cuz I found a bedspread in the Penney's catalogue that I really like too. They didn't have it when I looked months ago. All I wanted was a bedspread. I didn't want to have a zillion pillows to deal with or a bed skirt. That all looks great but I didn't want the expense or the fuss of having to move them all when I have a guest. I still have pictures and other items to hang. There is a wind chime on the floor next to the TV Cart that I am considering hanging in the corner and the Dream Catcher over the bed is one that Andrew made in school ( I love that dream catcher so it is staying) and the screw it's hanging on is one of two that I left in the wall before painting so it is hanging there for now but I think I will hang it near the wind chimes. Here is the light fixture I have right now so I want to find something I like and install that too. I did find some switch plates that I like. They are a brushed brass. You can see them in the picture with the marble topped dresser. I need a headboard and as I said in a previous posting, I have to finish the little table which means buying Formby's refinishing...whatever for the legs and lower shelf and then trying to match the stain on the table top as closely as possible though I am getting used to the blond table top. Then there is the metal desk which is huge and great for sewing but doesn't look very nice. I have a small TV on a cart that I brought in from the deck. Not really what I want but it works for now. Well that's it for now. The room is at least usable now and I can add slowly, whenever I happen upon something that appeals to me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo Jo, the room looks wonderful!What a great job you've done. The furniture is very nice too :) I vote for the floral, more white bedspread....matches the curtains better. You probably like the other one best, don't ya?? Bye for now, Lynnie

12:04 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

Thanks for your vote Lynnie. I was going to ask for opinions but it appears to be a terrifying experience for most people to leave a comment :). Good Grief! Actually, I like the floral one too but it doesn't fit as nicely as the other so I'm going to order the bedspread and see how that fits. :)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

Oh...is that how it works? Silly me! And all this time I've just been sitting here waiting for him and nothing is happening. Excuse while I test this theory.

7:36 AM  
Blogger ckdmom said...

hey jo... looks good... did you decide on the bedspread yet.... i like the whiter one... window looks great.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

I have made no decisions yet. Still contemplating making additional bedding purchases :). I am so Fickle. Good Grief!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home