My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Comparing Mylar and Red Lion Amaryllis




I wanted to compare these two Amaryllis' side be side to check out the differences. The flower color is the same but the Mylar is much smaller measuring about 23" in height and the Red Lion measures 35". I didn't measure the size of the flowers but the Mylar was slightly smaller. Anyway here they are together to at least check out the color. I don't think I ever got a full picture of the Mylar...well, actually I guess I can do that right now. So here they are side by side so you can see how much larger the Red Lion is. I think the shorter flower stalk of the Mylar will be easier to keep growing straight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home