My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Amaryllis - Day 41






oops! Forgot the flash on the first one :). Okay, all the buds are open on my Red Lion Amaryllis. They actually were open yesterday which was day 40. So we now know that it takes approximately 40 days from the time we see the first growth to full flowering stage. Of course much of this most likely depends on the environment an Amaryllis is growing in. In a few days the buds that were first to open will start to fade. I'm guessing it will take 2 weeks for all the buds to fade away. Then I will cut the stalk near the bulb and let the leaves continue to grow. Also, as soon as the stalk is cut I'll be bringing up another from the basement :) but I promise, I won't bore you with the day to day growth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home