My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Amaryllis Growth - Day 22


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Okay, this is Day 22. It has grown quite a bit as you can see. I had to tape the bottom of the stem with some floral tape for support. I'm not sure why but the leaves were leaning to one side. They still are. Perhaps the quick growth? I don't know! I've been rotating it too. I have to tell you, I was shopping at Walmart and noticed they had several different varieties/options for Amaryllis purchases. You could buy just a bulb, or one already growing in a pot or you could buy a kit that has the pot, soil and bulb included. I couldn't resist so I picked up a few of them. Well, actually I think it was 4 or maybe 5 more bulbs (I already have 3...4 counting the baby). But first I got a friend involved and we went together to scope out all the bulbs and make our choices. A few days later I went back and bought 11 more :). GOD only knows why. I'm obsessed! I gave some away and the rest are in pots. I want to go back....Somebody help me :-)))!!! The second picture is of one of my new purchases. The label says it is a Mylar but I think it looks like a Red Lion. The one on the dining room table that we've been watching the growth on is a Red Lion. I thought the Mylar was going to have some white in it but it doesn't. So when it flowers, we can compare and see if there is anything different about them. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home