My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Winter Pic's





Took a few pictures after work today. Successfully capturing the glittery glass look of ice coated trees after the most recent Ice storm is difficult. It was beautiful while I tried though. No complaints here with regard to the ice storm, Mother Nature has been kind to us so far this winter.

I didn't get to work in my room yesterday. There was a detour on my way home from work due to some power lines being down. Five minutes after I got home the power went out and didn't come back on until almost 9:00 p.m. So I got to laze around :). Hopefully I will get to my room tomorrow.

I never thought of winter as being so black and white but as I looked at these pictures I noticed there isn't much color. So I got to thinking (I try not to do too much of that :)). It is not only the lack of sun light that touches our lives with depression during the winter months, it is also lack of color. In winter most color dies away but Mother Natures roots live on. Animals hibernate waiting for warmer temperatures. We humans (at least some of us) do the same thing. As soon as the ground warms and crocuses come out and begin their colorful show we too come back to life as all flowers, trees, shrubs and all living things do that took their rest during the winter months. Spring. . .the big explosion of life. Enjoy it when it comes.
To everything there is a season. . .Thank you God for a time to rest.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pati said...

Thank you! It makes a beautiful screen saver. I have it up right now.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home