My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Monday, January 08, 2007

My New Room

I have been thinking about my next indoor project. Since the baby has moved out of state I now have an extra room. I have been working on giving that room a new look. The kids certainly had no hesitation in putting holes in the walls whenever and wherever they wanted to hang something. So I am filling holes and then I'll paint. I have legs to a small table that my Aunt gave me. Making a table top for it is something I've been working on. Okay, so I didn't really have to do that much work on it. I bought a rough piece of White Oak (what the table legs were made of). I then had to find someone with a joiner to smooth the edges so I could glue two pieces together since I could only buy White Oak in a 7" width. The table top needed to be about 12x24. Well, a wonderful man very kindly smoothed the edges and offered to glue it and then cut and finish the sides for me, and all at no cost to me. So the table top is complete. Now I just have to work on finding the right stain to match the legs. It will be one of the pieces to my new guest/sewing room. I have already purchased a quilt and a comforter (couldn't decide which I liked better) and some lace curtains for the window. There will still be plenty to do to finish up but the basics will be there once I finish painting. I bought the paint on my lunch hour today :). Does anyone have a winter project they are working on?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo Jo, You are a very busy and resourceful lady! Have fun redecorating and post some pictures of your finished table and room :) Lynnie

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home