My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Amaryllis 3 days later - day 32


Remember, you can click on pictures to enlarge them.

Okay, I think I posted the last pictures on Monday which was the 29th day. Today is Thursday, which makes it the 32nd day and the bud is slowly opening. I can see it will have four flower buds two of which you can see beginning to open. I wish they would all open at one time and last for a few weeks. That has happened before but not usually for me anyway. I don't know what the secret is for that. Guess it was just a fluke.
That is about it. I did a little biking this morning for 45 minutes (longer than usual), went 7.96 miles and burned 173 calories. I know it is not a record breaking time but that isn't my goal. The goal is to burn calories so I can eat more :)! No, not really, the goal is to get to read. I can't keep up with my magazine subscriptions and this spinning provides reading time. AND I thought I was incapable of multi-tasking :). Okay, time for breakfast: Spinach, egg and cheese omelet with a whole wheat english muffin (hope we have some cheese left).

The Christmas rush is over.
Things are returning to normal.
Did you miss it?
Think about it! What does Christmas really mean?
Everyone have a wonderful, peaceful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home