My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Updates on Gran Cru and Giant Calla

Here are my latest pic's. The Gran Cru has been in bloom since about
February 20. My complaint about amaryllis bulbs is that the blooms don't last very long. But if it has more than one flower stalk they can bring color and enjoyment for weeks. I did have both flower stalks open all together for one day but didn't get a picture.
This will be the third week the Gran Cru is in bloom.

The Giant Calla is coming along very nicely. It has two buds...very exciting for me since I have not been very successful at growing Calla's in pots.

Not much going on here with these freezing, bitter cold temperatures here. Just makes me want to hibernate and cozy up near a nice warm fire.

Been slacking a little on the New Room. I need to get to the store for some Formby's furniture refinisher and I have an art project going for the frame for my picture. You know, the one that booted Grandma Wilhelmina out of her frame. :) Time to get to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home