My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Update on Matt's Recovery

Okay, here is the latest. After the "Who's supposed to be watching me?" incident Matt has ordered me to have a walkie-talkie with me whenever I'm outside so we are always in communication. Those of you who went to Elaine's for the Wine Tasting last year know which walkie-talkies I'm referring to. These babies are heavy duty. I could probably go into Brockport and he'd still be able to pester me about something. :) Yeah, every time I come in or go out he asks where it is to make sure I carry it from place to place, it doesn't even have a clip on it. He's just like an old mother hen. "Mom, where's the walkie-talkie? You have to take it with you." "Mom, it doesn't do any good if you put it on the deck and then walk into the garden." "Mom, do you have the volume turned up?" "Mom, you have to push the button BEFORE you start talking." Mom, Mom, Mom...Good Grief! Now don't go getting the idea that I'm leaving him alone continuously. He has someone with him almost constantly (lots of company). I can't decide if he just wants his mommy close by or if he wants to turn me into his slave (payback for some obvious misplaced anger :) ! It is probably the fact that he loves any techie toys and right now this is the only way he can get a few kicks!

He was complaining about having to sit around with nothing to do so Elizabeth suggested crossword puzzles. He didn't want to do that. She suggested reading. She said she has lots of romance novels :-) or perhaps a mystery novel. He didn't want to read either. I said well, I have some knitting needles and yarn you can knit me a holster for this walkie-talkie. :) Needless to say that didn't go over well either. So there he sits/lays turning into the dreaded couch potato.

Seriously, he had his first bad night last night, said he woke up in the middle of the night from a dream, felt very uneasy and had a lot of discomfort. It took him quite a while to realize where he was. We have him set up in the living room so we are just a room away but I'll be sleeping in the living room tonight because he is feeling anxious about sleeping through the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home