My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

July 4th on the 1st


Some pic's from our annual family picnic. It is usually on the fourth but this year we changed it to accomodate out of towners. The kids spent time flying kites and had a chance to get a carriage ride. We played bocci...my team won! :) But it was a close game. We were ahead the first half of the game, then the other team took over the lead. We were tied at 18 to 18 and they made us work for every point. I thought we were going to have to get out a slide rule for a few close calls. We finally wrapped up the game at 21 to 18. We have the boys comparing noses; Chef Tim and his wife Brenda; Jan and Brenda forming an exclusive club :); Meghan wondering why they won't let her join. :)!!! Just kidding.

Matt making the best of his situation and having a conversation with his cousin Miles. When most people were gone a few of us cleaned up and then we decided to try to fly this awesome kite that Dolores brought. It had two strings for stunts needing ultimate control. We had no directions to put it together but we tried. Paul and I tried to get it to fly but it was difficult and you definitely get a work out. I got the kite in the air for....oh maybe 10 seconds. That was the best we could do. Very difficult to control. Good Luck to Dolores if she ever tries to fly it.

Happy 4th everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home