My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

What My Garden Gives

What My Garden Gives

It gives me many small surprises
When the sun sets and also rises.
A place to think and capture grace,
It slows my mind to a peaceful pace.
It brings me color filled with cheer
That lasts and lasts throughout the year.
It gives me patience and peace of mind.
It gives me the time I so need to find.
It glows and dances with so much great hope.
It offers me the strength to cope.
So bless this garden, my place to start.
For every day it lends me its heart.
Author Unknown

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely poem, Joanne! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Love Lynnie

2:48 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

I have to admit Lynnie, these are not my thoughts but I do agree it is a lovely poem. I did attempt to find the author but was unsuccessful. I have added Author Unknown, which I should have done originally. Thanks for pointing this out to me :).

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home