My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Castor Bean Plant


Well, it is the end of August. Just thought I'd show you how much this thing has grown since July 24. I love the leaf shape and size plus the bright reddish/pink color of the flower/seed pods. I also have a couple of new additions to my garden from thoughtful friends and relatives. Being laid up has its advantages :). I have been moving very slowly and carefully so haven't been able to do much but I do make it a point to walk through and sit in the garden every day. It has been very dry and many flowers that would usually be blooming through September are no longer blooming :(. I water only my basil and swiss chard. We don't dare water anything else in this dry spell since running the well dry would definitely be a problem for us right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home