My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Passing the time

Since I have restricted activities I am doing a bit of reading. My Aunt brought me this book "Tea with Terrorists." I hesitated reading it due to its size (600+ pages) and weight...hard cover (I do have a weight limit!) :). The book is so blasted heavy I had to get 3 weeks into recovery before I could pick it up. The first few pages were so boring I kept falling asleep. Yeah, it took me 2 days to get through the first 4 pages :). When I got into the military, covert operations, interest picked up. When I got to failure of the operation, crucifixion of our military men...in detail, I wondered what my 80 year old aunt was thinking, giving me this book to read while recovering from surgery. Good Lord, give me back my "Secret Life of Bee's" book: sweet honey cakes, black Mary, rock walls, and people named the months of the year, not to mention tidbits on the life of bees. Well, they say you can't put a good book down. It must be true cuz I have been stuck to the book like glue. Didn't do my dusting today...yup, that was the only work on my list for today. Didn't do it though, had to find out if our men were rescued and whether or not they were going to seek revenge. Well, I did do some of my reading out in the garden. Had my camera close by too. This pic is about 3 feet away from this hummer. Someone once told me that there are hummers that don't hum. Has anyone ever heard of such a rediculous thing??? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home