My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Back to Work

Hey Everyone,

I returned to work this week. Believe it or not, it was good to be back. The girls did a super job of keeping my work up to date although you wouldn't believe it by the looks of my desk :)! They had a rainbow of "Welcome Back Jo Jo" signs up everywhere. Red Roses in a vase with a Welcome Back helium balloon attached. I lifted the roses to remove them from the cellophane wrapping and wondered why they wouldn't think to keep my roses alive with a little water? I'm thinking to myself...Duh, girls, you're slippin' . . .helloooo where's the water? I went to smell that sweet, wonderful scent you would expect from roses but there was none. Turns out these roses were carved out of wood or perhaps wood shavings. Unbelievably real looking and beautiful. Also on my desk, something I never expected but savor whenever I see them....used coffee grounds. Yup, from Starbucks, and a huge bag at that. It would take me...well, probably 6 months of saving my coffee grounds to equal this bag. Earth day is every day folks! Oh, the things I do to enrich the garden soil. You wouldn't know it by looking at the garden :).

A VERY SINCERE THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY CO-WORKERS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, THOUGHTS, PRAYERS, GIFTS, VISITS, PHONE CALLS, LUNCHES AND FOR A LIGHT LOAD UPON MY RETURN. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home