My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Updates on the New Room

Additions to the new room are coming slowly. It is spring and my attention is now divided into even more areas :). Now there is not only: cooking; cleaning; baking in my Test Kitchen (I always have some lain brained concoction that I want to try); exercise; learning new music; keeping up with my magazine subscriptions and other reading material; but there is preparation for the veggie garden. Which means seed starting for peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, etc. There is also the garden to tend to. Got to get all those gardens cleaned out so the spring bulbs can shine in all God's splended glory. Oh yeah and then there's work. You know, the place that provides everyones bacon? On top of it all we have Easter fast approaching. Holy Week coming up which means busy at church.

At any rate, I have finally, finally decided on my bedding and it feels so good. They say "not to decide is to decide." Well, since I took my sweet time in this decision I didn't feel right trying to return any bedding (even though it remained in the original package) after purchasing it more than 3 months ago so I am keeping the two original purchases. I just packed away the satin set (fall/winter) an put out the spring/summer set. The table is finished and I am very, very, pleased with the finish and the finished product.
I worked on this lamp I found in the basement. It was my daughters. She happened to leave it behind, when she moved to Ohio, most likely due to the fact that it needed a welding repair to keep the shade on. Dads are wonderful aren't they? Mine came to my rescue and fixed it, adding a few extras that I wouldn't have asked for since I didn't want to take up any more of his time than I really needed. But he was wonderful anyway and very happy to help me out. I touched up the gold around the areas at the base of the lamp around all the swirls my daughter painted on and then sprayed the whole thing with a clear finish. This is her touch to my room. I am work on an oak chair for the desk. The wood was painted so I am stripping it. It also needs a new cushion on the seat so once the wood is finished, I'll be shopping for a piece of upholstery that works with my room. It may be fall before I get to that since gardening will now be my obsession. I didn't get much of my plant in the picture, there on the left, but it is the Hibiscus that I mentioned a while back saying I thought it might be dead. It is filling out very nicely. I'll post a picture when if has a few blooms.

I am still working on picture hanging. After all my hard work with repairing walls, I am hesitant to put any holes in them. Since I am not sure about where all the furniture will go I am kind of dragging my feet on hanging pictures. I still need a TV stand, a headboard, and a comfy chair for TV viewing or reading. Well, that is it so far. Stay tuned for more updates on the New Room (It will be the Old Room by the time I actually get it all done :-)) , Pina Colada Scones, garden pictures and more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have great tast, and natural decorating talents, often inspired by you. I can't wait to see the finished masterpiece.
Jody

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home