My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Strawberry Short Cake

I made this pound cake the other day and decided to try it out as short cake for strawberries, Wow! I thought it was great. Had seconds...shouldn't have but I did. Didn't think to get a picture but you all know what Strawberry Short Cake looks like. Try it out.

Yummy, yummy in my tummy!


Pound Cake

1 cup butter
1/2 cup crisco
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon each, vanilla and almond

Cream butter and shortening. Add sugar gradually, creaming all the time. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Mix flour and baking powder. Measure milk and add flavoring to milk. Add each alternating beginning with flour and ending with flour. Pour into greased and floured tube pan and bake at 325 for 90 minutes. Cool slightly. Remove from pan.

Glaze warm cake with 2 cups confectioners sugar and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Glaze will harden as it cools, don't worry. It is excellent!!!

When cool, take a slice, top with a ton of sliced strawberries and your favorite whipped topping. I used fat free (you have to cut somewhere :)). Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home