My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Conference "A Time for Prayer"

I have had a busy weekend. Friday and Saturday I attended a conference featuring Fr. John Corapi and Dr. Scott Hahn. Excellent speakers! If you ever have the opportunity to hear them, you will not regret it. I also ran into some old friends at the conference which was a very pleasant surprise. As a result, I have declared Tuesdays are 'Nancy' days here at home :). That means I'm not doing dinner on Tuesdays!!! Shouldn't we all get a day off some time? Well Tuesdays are my days!

As far as the conference goes. . . Fr. Corapi's main topic was "Why do people leave the Catholic church?" He says that only 20% of Catholics attend church. He says to many people want to play with the doctrine of the faith. Basically we know right from wrong, we may not like it, but it's too bad, suck it up. He says it like it is. The bottom line...he quotes nike and says "Just do it!" No Sympathy from this man. Don't get me wrong, he was an excellent speaker and I very much enjoyed hearing what he had to say. One of his quotes:
" No humility, no holiness"
"No holiness, no heaven"
Dr. Scott Hahn spoke of his conversion and recommended several books to help with bible study. I had planned to make a purchase but the books I was interested in were sold out. I will look further into this"theologist du jour" to make a purchase or perhaps wait until he comes around again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home