My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bonfire and Hard Cider

Now that I am back to work I have less time in the garden. Of course it is time to put the garden to rest for the winter months. I am still in the process of digging up some tubers. I have decided to wait until a frost before getting the last few. In the mean time I have been doing a little hiking in the woods. I have not had a "Fright Night" in the back in 3 years. I was hoping to do it this year but considering the state of our water table, I don't think it would be wise. However, back to the hiking in the woods...that area where we usually have our bonfire and goodies is a mess with a few trees down, branches all over, the Tepee has seen better days and some of the benches are broken due to fallen trees. I am planning to get back there and do some cleaning. Basically, make a fire and clean up the area. I have a jug of apple cider that has been in my garage for 2 years (since my b-day party that the family gave me). I am wondering what that stuff tastes like. Take a walk on the wild side! Any takers for a hike, some woods clean-up, toasted marshmallows and a wee taste of moonshine :)?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm there. mar

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home