My Photo
Name:
Location: Western, New York, United States

I spend most of my free time gardening, reading garden magazines, photographing the garden or baking (mostly sweets, which list chocolate as the main ingredient). I play the guitar and sing in a contemporary choir of which I have been a member for 26 years.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Morning Glow



This is a little late in coming due to problems getting on the internet. . . . .again. Anyway, Friday morning I woke up to a glowing pink haze. It was just beautiful so I opened the sliding glass doors to the deck to check out the temperature. Gorgeous, warm, breezy,balmy and pink. I decided to just sit in God's glory for a while and enjoy all the fall colors. The sitting didn't last long. I went inside, got my camera, slipped on my garden rubbers and headed to the woods for a morning hike in my pj's since I didn't have to report to work :). Most of my hikes are lacking in wild life and today was no different. The only things I ran into were some webs. As I walked along the trail I noticed a large black spot in the distance (not on the trail of course). Curiosity getting the better of me, I altered my course and headed for the unknown, through the webs, thorny weeds, poison ivy, spongy moss covered logs, etc. Here are a few pic's of my hike and discovery. Everyone have a wonderful, peaceful day.

This tree is huge. The trunk is close to two feet across. I later climbed on it attempting to shimmy up as far as I could however my fear of heights and what I think were raccoon droppings prevented me from getting far. Plus I didn't think it would be a smart move considering I could end up out of work for and extended period of time should anything unfortunate happen. :\

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicken... :)

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, but you were pretty daring letting me use that chainsaw!!!!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

Good Grief! I dare you to come back...and then you go first so I can get some dare devil shots of the "Fearless Wonder" . . . uh, that would be you Yellie :-)))!

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing wrong with making a mature, prudent decision to not climb a hugh tree uprooted and hanging at a funky angle - in the middle of the woods. perhaps it's that kind of wisdom that comes with living. common sense can be a rarity - glad you have it pati! i didn't see the young one with the bold words taking a walk up that tree (thank God). yes, good job with the saw - with your feet planted firmly on the ground. mar

8:45 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

Ah, words of wisdom. Thank you! Yes Yellie, you did a good job with the chainsaw and listening to safety precautions. I will be happy to put you to work anytime :). Hopefully another bonfire this weekend...though there is rain in the forecast. Possibly Friday or Sundayfor the fire.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lord, Kumbya! I'm getting very good JoAnnie... :)

5:19 PM  
Blogger Pati said...

Yippie, Yellie is going to lead us in Kumbya at the next bonfire :)!!!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you gonna play and sing it as you walk up the tree?
mar

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home